Re: Testing needed for 2.13.15

From: James
Subject: Re: Testing needed for 2.13.15
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 22:21:56 +0000 (UTC)

Graham Percival <graham <at> percival-music.ca> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 03:27:38PM +0000, James Lowe wrote:
> >
> > I get no messages at all.
>
> Try scrolling up -- if there's some kinds of errors, lilypond will
> print an error message, and then give the --help message.  As a
> result, the actual error mesage won't be visible on your screen.

No message.

> I consider this sub-optimal behavior, but I haven't had the chance
> to address it.
>
> > For example i type
> >
> > 'lilypond file1.ly file2.ly file3.ly'
> >
> > In fact
> >
> > 'lilypond file.ly'
>
> silly question -- do you have a file.ly in your current directory?
> You need to create+save a file called "file.ly" before running the
> above command.

I did the test again.

Here's the typescript output

---

james-iMac:~ james$ cd Desktop/
james-iMac:Desktop james$ cd lilytest
james-iMac:lilytest james$ ls
Untitled.ly
james-iMac:lilytest james$ lilypond Untitled.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.13.14
Usage: lilypond [OPTION]... FILE...

Typeset music and/or produce MIDI from FILE.

LilyPond produces beautiful music notation.
For more information, see http://lilypond.org

  -d, --define-default=SYM[=VAL]      set Scheme option SYM to VAL (default:
#t).
                                        Use -dhelp for help.
  -e, --evaluate=EXPR                 evaluate scheme code
  -f, --formats=FORMATs               dump FORMAT,...  Also as separate options:
      --pdf                           generate PDF (default)
      --png                           generate PNG
      --ps                            generate PostScript
  -h, --help                          show this help and exit
  -H, --header=FIELD                  dump header field FIELD to file
                                        named BASENAME.FIELD
  -I, --include=DIR                   add DIR to search path
  -i, --init=FILE                     use FILE as init file
  -j, --jail=USER, GROUP, JAIL, DIR   chroot to JAIL, become USER:GROUP
                                        and cd into DIR
  -o, --output=FILE                   write output to FILE (suffix will be
added)
      --relocate                      relocate using directory of lilypond
program
  -v, --version                       show version number and exit
  -V, --verbose                       be verbose
  -w, --warranty                      show warranty and copyright

Report bugs via
http://post.gmane.org/post.php?group=gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.bugs

> You definitely *do* need to use full paths, but if you're getting
> the --help message, then the problem isn't about the full path
> to the lilypond binary.  I'm suspicious about a
> "you-must-use-full-paths-to-ly-files" problem, though.

Does this help?

James