Re: Revised version of waveform renderer on Rietveld that uses glpk

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Revised version of waveform renderer on Rietveld that uses glpk
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 19:14:27 -0300

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 3:31 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> We may be missing iterators and performers, I guess.

Iterators should already be possible. Performers not, but the whole
MIDI thing is broken anyway.

The real kicker for the waveform renderer patch is that it uses
another library, so not depending on it compile time means that it
must be loaded dynamically.  In the context of LilyPond that means
someone has to go out and do the legwork of creating or generating
bindings for GUILE, which is a major effort, and writing the glue to
do sensible dynamic loading of such libraries within LilyPond, which
should not be too hard.  (After all there are already various other
SCheme libs that are loaded dynamically).

> Documentation is *not* currently modular (as David has expressed before).

Documentation would be the last worry compared dynloading glpk.