Re: Change syntax for woodwind-diagram markup (issue1946043)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Change syntax for woodwind-diagram markup (issue1946043)
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 10:39:14 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> On 2010/08/14 19:47:59, Neil Puttock wrote:
>> Since these are bound with defaults above, you don't need to use
> chain-assoc-get
>
>> (radius size)
>
> Done.  I forgot about how nifty the new interface is that David made
> possible.

Actually, the niftiness is due to Nicolas and was there before my
changes, but

a) restricted to Lilypond-internal markup functions (which the woodwinds
   now are, so they could already have used this).

b) basically undocumented, partly justifiable because the functionality
   was not user-accessible anyway.

And I am not all too sure that b) is much better than previously.  I
just noticed that the documentation says

   If the command uses properties from the PROPS arguments, the
`#:properties' keyword can be used, to specify which properties are
used, and their default values.

and there is no mention whatsoever of the property symbols being bound
to the respective property in the function body.

In short: the documentation would not have helped you remember the
niftiness which you forgot.

Since it was me that moved the niftiness into user-accessible and thus
to-be-documented realms, that is my fault.

Sorry.  I'll commit a fix soonish.