Re: Tablature: proper support for tie/slur- and tie/glissando-constellat

From: n . puttock
Subject: Re: Tablature: proper support for tie/slur- and tie/glissando-constellations (issue2191042)
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 20:21:12 +0000

On 2010/09/17 07:01:40, marc wrote:

TO be honest, I don't understand what you mean here.

Add

#(ly:set-option 'check-internal-types)

to your snippet below.

Two of the bounds aren't TabNoteHeads; these are the left bounds of the
ties following a break.

> Try running `make check' to see what I mean. ;)
Here neither - I see I made a mistake, because `make check' fails, but

the output doesn't help a lot.

Is this *before* or *after* you changed the version number in the
regtest?

Any regtest with a version number later than the current version will
break `make check'.

> formatting
Done. Looking at various files in input/regression, I see there are
various formatting styles.
What about adding a file called template.ly or something similar,
which
can be copied and
edited to avoid formatting issues?

We could add a README similar to the one in snippets/new.

Eventually we should have a style guide for .ly snippets which deals
with correct formatting.

> This is a bit of a misnomer, since it indirectly makes some heads
> visible later.  It would be better if you could avoid hiding such
notes
> rather than hiding them, then making them visible.
How can I avoid making heads invisible? The tie routine doesn't know
whether a slur or
glissando follows or not, so I have to make it invisible "to be on the

safe side", add a
mark to this note that it is tied to another one and read this
information by the slur/glissando
routine.
Or is it just the name? Well, I could use a more self-explanatory
name,
but since it is just
a shortcut, I don't know whether it's worth the effort...

I think the only sane method would be to use a scheme engraver, since
you could acknowledge interesting grobs and make typesetting decisions
for the TabNoteHead based on the grobs present at a particular timestep.

> This doesn't belong in 'details since it's set beyond the user's
> control: it only makes sense as an internal property, so should be
> defined separately
Done (I hope I did it right?)

Looks OK.  Just needs a few minor changes:

-) It's not user serviceable so should go in
`all-internal-grob-properties'.

-) As a flag which is usually #f, it doesn't need to be set in
define-grobs.scm: you can set the default when reading the property
instead.

-) It needs adding to an interface to prevent error messages popping up.

> this won't happen for tied notes after a break unless you explicitly
set
> 'tied-to outside `hide-tab-note-head'
I don't know what you mean - I tried to break everything ;-) and it
seems to work:

The padding tweak isn't applied to the glissando in bar five since the
left-bound for the tie isn't a TabNoteHead.

Cheers,
Neil

http://codereview.appspot.com/2191042/