Re: Fix 1336 (issue3594041)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Fix 1336 (issue3594041)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 13:10:14 -0700

On 12/11/10 12:46 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 05:40:20PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
>> Message:
>> Here's a patch for issue 1336 that combine's Neil's idea of not creating
>> the paper columns with Graham's idea of erroring out when there are less
>> than 2 columns.
>
> If nobody else wants to do a full regtest comparison and doc build
> from scratch, I can do this on Monday.
>
> Note that my idea of quitting with less than 2 columns is not
> based on thinking about the code / spacing engine / lilypond
> architecture; it was simply from adding a few printfs() and
> looking at one file that compiled with no problem and a file that
> had no problems.  I don't even know what a paper column is!

But it's clear from the code that the problem occurs when the number of
paper columns is less than 2.

Paper columns are things that hold music elements.

The segfault was in code that was trying to partition paper columns between
loose columns and non-loose columns.  We needed more than 2 for the code to
work.

Thanks,

Carl