Re: Map voices to channels in MIDI output

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Map voices to channels in MIDI output
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:49:32 +0100

Am Montag, 14. März 2011, um 10:21:53 schrieb Jan Nieuwenhuizen:
> Keith OHara schreef op zo 13-03-2011 om 21:55 [-0700]:
> > I don't know of any yet, and I will not be looking for any.
> > The changes within the past week were significant enough that I expect
> > complaints from people who use MIDI.
>
> That would be nice!

There are some problems with the new method:

-) All staves with \partcombine now use four (!) different midi tracks: shared,
one, two and solo (because partcombine internally uses four voices)

-) The order of the tracks in the midi file is wrong: I would expect all the
voices from the same staff to be grouped together, and everything to be inthe
same order as in the PDF. However, now all lyrics (BTW, why do lyrics get a
separate track at all, shouldn't they be in the same track as the music events
they belong to?) are placed at the very bottom, and all tracks generated by
partcombine are then placed after all the lyrics

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886