Re: anchor-alignment in line-spanner.cc : is this vestigial?

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: anchor-alignment in line-spanner.cc : is this vestigial?
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 16:42:17 +0300

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 9:40 PM, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey all,

I see that the line-spanner print function looks for something that is called anchor-alignment (git blame insinuates that it was Joe who added this).  This alignment, so far as I can see, is used nowhere in the code (nor is its use documented).  Is it vestigial, and if so, can I nix it?

It was originally used to align the trill part of a trill spanner correctly. The point is that you can ask, say, to align the left (or right) end of the trill with the anchor point instead of the center. The code to use anchor-alignment seems to be still there (line-spanner.cc:300), but given that the anchor-alignment variable is neither set nor documented, probably no one would miss it if you removed it.

Cheers,
Joe