Re: ambitus: special handling of small ambits' lines (issue4609041)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: ambitus: special handling of small ambits' lines (issue4609041)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:03:51 +0200

Hi Karin,

i'm back from my short vacation.

2011/6/17  <address@hidden>:
> the description explains clearly how to use the parameters gap and woot.
> So, it is a good starting point to understanding the scheme code that
> follows.

Good!

>> Yes, the quanting stays the same.
>
> I couldn't find the verb "to quant" in a dictionary. Is it short for
> "to quantize"?

Yes. It's used a lot in beaming code.

> If so, it might be clearer to change the description in output-lib.scm.

Good point, it's better to avoid abbreviations.

> Finally, I tested the gap adjustment for several intervals. For a fifth:
>
> \new Staff \with { \consists Ambitus_engraver } {
>    c' g'
> }
>
> the bottom of the ambitus line is very close to the lower note in the
> default case. Is this on purpose? I would expect the ambitus line to be
> more or less centered between note heads.

Have you zoomed the output to check it? I suppose its a rasterization
problem; a lot of things seem to be wrong when output is watched
unzoomed on a computer screen (for example one stem in the attachment
looks two times thicker than the other, while in fact it's exactly the
same).

Thanks for review!
Janek