Re: Add feta-flags to build system (issue4662055)

From: lemniskata . bernoullego
Subject: Re: Add feta-flags to build system (issue4662055)
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 19:17:53 +0000

Carl!

Woot! It works! I compiled it twice, and everything looks fine!!
I told you you are a genious, didn't i? :D
Do i understand correctly that a variable is available to all fonts
(fet_beginfont ... fet_endfont) which are in the same mf file - it's so
simple?
So you solved the problem by calling noteheads and flags together, but
there had to be two separate mf files so that there will be two separate
"fonts", and that's why this stuff is doubled?

http://codereview.appspot.com/4662055/diff/1/mf/GNUmakefile
File mf/GNUmakefile (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4662055/diff/1/mf/GNUmakefile#newcode20
mf/GNUmakefile:20: $(call src-wildcard,feta-flags*[0-9].mf) \
What does this exactly mean? Is it simply "feta-flags11.mf,
feta-flags13.mf (and so on) should be processed when make is called"?

http://codereview.appspot.com/4662055/diff/1/mf/bigcheese.pe.in
File mf/bigcheese.pe.in (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4662055/diff/1/mf/bigcheese.pe.in#newcode14
mf/bigcheese.pe.in:14: MergeFonts("feta-flags20.pfa");
This glues the fonts together,, but only after everything else was
calculated?
Why only design size 20 appears here?

http://codereview.appspot.com/4662055/diff/1/mf/feta-flags-generic.mf
File mf/feta-flags-generic.mf (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4662055/diff/1/mf/feta-flags-generic.mf#newcode36
mf/feta-flags-generic.mf:36: %%    including feta-noteheads.
I suggest adding a warning "Be aware! The value 1.0 staff space is a
dummy value, not connected to the actual width of the notehead" to this
comment. It's easy to be fooled at the beginning.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4662055/diff/1/mf/feta-noteheads-generic.mf
File mf/feta-noteheads-generic.mf (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4662055/diff/1/mf/feta-noteheads-generic.mf#newcode36
mf/feta-noteheads-generic.mf:36: %%    including feta-noteheads.