Re: Backporting for 2.14.2

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Backporting for 2.14.2
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:49:29 -0600

On 6/28/11 12:30 PM, "Federico Bruni" <address@hidden> wrote:

> My question is here:
> http://lilypond-translations.3384276.n2.nabble.com/snippets-in-LM-td6518251.ht
> ml

Looking at this more closely, I think the instructions (in CG 5.8.2) say
that you open the snippet (in Documentation/snippets) and translate the
texidoc string, *then write that texidoc string to a new file*.  You don't
actually modify the file in Documentation/snippets.

Once you have created the new file, as described in CG 5.8.2, makelsr.py
will *automatically* copy the translated strings into the snippet, as
described in CG 7.2.

So don't modify Documentation/snippets yourself.  Instead:

1. Create new files
Documentation/<your-language-code>/texidocs/<snippet-filename>.texidoc

2. Run script/auxiliar/makelsr.py to get a new copy of
Documentation/snippets that contains the translation.

3. Run make doc to make sure everything works.

I think you should ignore Documentation/snippets/new at this time

HTH,

Carl