Re: Circular dependencies for beam-skip.ly

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Circular dependencies for beam-skip.ly
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 23:35:36 +0000 (UTC)

mike <at> apollinemike.com <mike <at> apollinemike.com> writes:

> I'm getting a lot of circular dependencies for
> input/regression/beam-skip.ly from the current master.
> I don't have time to do a full git bisect, but is this
> standard behavior?

You should have a word with the gentleman who pushed that test and
caused us all this inconvenience.

The rest position depends on the beam, which depends on the stem-direction
of the rest, since there are only rests under the beam, which depends...

I replaced the test with something else that exposes the same bug, 1706,
but without all the warnings

\new Voice << { c'4 c'8 c' } { s8[ s] s[ s] } >>