Re: script for auto-indenting .scm files.

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: script for auto-indenting .scm files.
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 16:44:52 +0100

On 12 August 2011 01:44, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yep.  Here it is, along with the change to /usr/bin/env guile.

I had to change this to

/usr/bin/guile

to get the script to work:

/usr/bin/env: guile -s: No such file or directory

> I think I'm really going to like having this, if we can get all the bugs
> worked out......

I've just tested it on a few files, and there are several problems:

1) it introduces whitespace on blank lines

2) inside an `if', comments are counted, leading to incorrect
indentation for the subexpressions

3) subexpression inside `begin' are indented only one space

4) if a top-level form is erroneously indented (e.g.,
`set-music-properties!' in music-functions.scm), the rest of the file
also gets the same indentation

I've attached a diff which only shows the indentation changes (i.e.,
tab->space conversion is ignored).

Cheers,
Neil