Re: Loglevels: Developer documentation (issue 4896042)

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Loglevels: Developer documentation (issue 4896042)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 22:15:28 +0200

Am Samstag, 13. August 2011, 16:15:34 schrieben Sie:
> Assuming that there will not be major objections for the loglevels patch
> on the 48-hour countdown, here is a patch that documents the various
> logging functions in the contributor's guild.

I have committed both this patch for the CG and a patch describing the --
loglevel cmd line option and the LILYPOND_LOGLEVEL env variable in the AU.

Could some documentation writer please look over those sections and improve
them (from a non-native-speaking coder's incomprehensible technical style to
something that mere mortals can understand ;-) )

AU: http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/usage/command_002dline-
usage.html#command-line-options-for-lilypond

CG:
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/contributor/warnings-errors-
progress-and-debug-output.html

Thanks,
Reinhold

PS: I just realized that --loglevel=PROGRESS is actually NOT the default.
There is also the still undocumented loglevel INFO, which is what is actually
the default...
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886