Re: GOP-PROP 11: git repositories

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 11: git repositories
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 22:38:59 +0100

Janek Warchoł wrote Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:22 PM

2011/9/6 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:
But your last statement forces a particular location. What if on my system I have a conflict with that location? I shouldn't be forced to do it.

Currently, I don't use lilypond-git. And I don't do an out-of-tree build (because it doesn't work for me on OS/X, and I don't want to use lilydev, and I don't want to take the time to troubleshoot it). And I'm able to deal
with non-standard locations just fine.

If you say I "must" put them where you say, then I lose that flexibility.

I'm totally fine with having lilydev set up environment variables with the standard directories. And I'm fine with saying "The standard locations are...." But enforcing the use of standard locations would be a mistake,
IMO.

+1

+2

Trevor