Re: Kievan square notation in LilyPond

From: Aleksandr Andreev
Subject: Re: Kievan square notation in LilyPond
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 21:36:44 -0400

Hi folks,

So now that we've got the Metafont code for the Kievan glyphs, what
shall I do next?

Basically, I would like to have an interface for Kievan Notation that
achieves the following:
1. Automatically uses the Kievan tsefaut clef.
2. Suppresses Time Signature and Key Signature.
3. Uses the Kievan notes when the standard note commands (e.g., d1,
e4) are issued.
4. Implements default placement of up vs. down variants
5. Ties implement proper spacing.
6. End of piece character placed at the end of the staff.

How do I go about implementing these features?

Thanks,

Aleks