Re: replacement git-cl

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: replacement git-cl
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 21:31:08 -0600

On 11-09-26 08:26 PM, Graham Percival wrote:
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 06:38:02AM +0000, Keith OHara wrote:
Confirming that it worked for me.
It was necessary to install stuff from
http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-client/
I believe that I have removed that dependency.

That will cause some of us to invent yet another throwaway username
and password that we don't worry about storing in plain test.
Not a big problem, but you might know an alternative way for the
script to authenticate?
Script now supports entering your username+password manually.
Somebody could do something more sophisticated with storing
authentications like upload.py does, but that's beyond my
interest+time at the moment.  I may return to this in a few weeks.

As an aside, I've moved the stored credentials (if somebody is
compfortable with plaintext in their home directory) to
~/.lilypond-project-hosting-login

An additional precaution, besides hiding the file with the dot prefix, would be chmod 0700 .lilypond-project-hosting-login to restrict access to the owner only.

Cheers,
Colin

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both
hands.