Hiding old website /web/install page (issue 5500069)

From: graham
Subject: Hiding old website /web/install page (issue 5500069)
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 15:41:18 +0000

Sometimes I hate being right.  I really wish that somebody had offered
to mentor you -- the whole point of a mentor (i.e. somebody familiar
with our development process) is to protect you against this kind of
situation.

1) your solution will not work because the website is not built in the
production area.  A separate script copies the website, once it's built,
into the web server directory.  Your web/install.html will never be seen
by the web server.

2) I would not accept this solution even if it worked, because it
involves weird hard-coding for the old website.

Look, issue 1272 is not hard to solve!  Copying those pdfs will take
maybe 30 minutes.  Adding the redirect is probably 15 minutes if you've
never done .htaccess files before and need to read apache's
documentation from scratch.

Just rescue the material we want to keep from /web/, set up a redirect
for every /web/ url, then I'll remove that directory directly.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5500069/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/website-work.itexi
File Documentation/contributor/website-work.itexi (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5500069/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/website-work.itexi#newcode128
Documentation/contributor/website-work.itexi:128: make -f website.make
WEBSITE_ONLY_BUILD=1 \
This would break the website completely!  There is no website.make in
the lilypond/ directory on the server.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5500069/