Re: Doc: NR Section on Upbeats made clearer (issue 5520056)

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Doc: NR Section on Upbeats made clearer (issue 5520056)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 08:33:49 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/5520056/diff/1/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely
File Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5520056/diff/1/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely#newcode1350
Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely:1350: partial measure @emph{before}
the start of the next full measure.
On 2012/01/10 22:23:29, janek wrote:
What about
"where @address@hidden is the duration that will be added before
the first
measure.  In other words, it is the @emph{remaining} length of the
partial
measure @emph{before} the start of the first full measure."
?

Because partials can occur in any part of the score. So saying 'first'
measure is not correct. It could be the 200th measure. I know we say
don't use \partials in the beginning of a piece but we can and they work
and if I have different \score constructs in my score it still might not
be the 'first' measure. So we need to be boringly, technically accurate.

Also if you have to write 'in other words' in a document then you
probably haven't articulated clearly enough what you should have said in
the first place.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5520056/diff/1/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely#newcode1353
Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely:1353: \time 6/8