Re: casual contributors

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: casual contributors
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 07:05:16 -0600

On 12-03-23 06:42 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
Colin Campbell<address@hidden>  writes:

On 12-03-23 12:28 AM, Graham Percival wrote:

I cannot emphasize how little I want from the frog meister, other
than keeping up with email on a daily basis and looking at the
countdown when it finishes three times a week.
I could take it on, Graham, especially if the countdown process gets
automated.  I read -user, -devel and -bug daily, to maintain context
on patches, so helping newbs through the process shouldn't be too
hard.

Cheers,
Colin "Ook ook" Campbell
I know that Graham said a trained monkey could do this, but I think that
the proper image of a frog _meister_ requires something more akin to
croaking than grunting.

Hope this helps

For some reason, perhaps having taken the World's Finest Grand-nippers to a film about Birute Galdikas, I was channelling the Librarian at the Unseen University. Much of the way Lilypond comes to be makes more sense in that context.

Besides, as I'm holding off a Spring cold until after a choir concert tomorrow, I'm reluctant to entertain the notion of croaking!

Colin

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both
hands.