make doc and make all

From: address@hidden
Subject: make doc and make all
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 12:52:27 +0200

Hey all,

I'm for the first time doing semi-complicated doc work w/ the website thing and
discovering a bit about the build system in the process.  I learned today that
`make doc' does not automatically `make all' if there are files that have been
touched.  Would it be a good idea to roll a make all into make doc?  It'd add
no more than 10 seconds onto a doc build if nothing in scm/ ps/ mf/ lily/ ps/
/ly has changed (perhaps I'm forgetting a few directories) and would
automatically do any necessary compilation if these things have changed.  I
can't think of a reason that, when launching make doc, someone would not want
to be working from the current binary.  If this seems like a smart automation,
let me know.

Cheers,
MS