Re: Server at Paris VIII

From: James
Subject: Re: Server at Paris VIII
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:32:03 +0100

hello,

On 15 May 2012 04:09, Colin Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 12-05-14 10:00 AM, James wrote:
>>
>> ALso I am not sure if testing your own patches and changing them to
>> patch-review is 'good form'
>

> +1 from a Controller!
>

>> I saw (USA?) Colin had started to test patches as well
>

> Alberta, ekshully, or BST-7 (UTC -6).  My machine (Acer Z5610 All-in-one:
> pretty, but a jumped up laptop, really) is not overly powerful, and I keep
> starting a test-patchy run in the evening, only to have James and the
> monster machine blow by me before my run staggers to a breathless finish.
>  Ah well, as long as the overall throughput stays high!

I thought that might be the case, I don't want to put you off from
doing that, it's good we have lots of people but yes it is silly we
duplicate work. Generally anything after 4pm your time until midnight
I won't be touching and during the week I might get a quick go at
whatever is in the queue when I wake up (around midnight until 1am
your time) and then won't have access until about midday - 4pm.

Weekends are slightly different only because if I have no plans I can
stay up all night and run a patchy test potentially at any hour of the
day :)

James