Re: line_count fixes (issue 6211047)

From: Benkő Pál
Subject: Re: line_count fixes (issue 6211047)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 21:59:27 +0200

hi Keith,

thanks for your review.

2012/5/23  <address@hidden>:
> Looks good to me.
>
> The regtest changes look like improvements,
> although I wonder if the time-signature and repeat dots should simply
> center around the line closest to zero.  If a user sets his
> line-positions entirely below zero, he might /want/ the time-signature
> above his staff lines.  Why else would he set his line-positions below
> zero, when he will be using a non-standard clef placement anyway ?

my aims (developed together with the patch) are currently to
- keep behaviour for staves overriding only line-count (which I like)
- make staves consisting of regularly spaced lines look like those
  overriding only line-count (which I use; in ancient music instead of a
  lower ledger line I override line-positions to '(-6 -4 -2 0 2 4))
- find a solution generic enough to not handle other line spacing specially.