Re: GOP-PROP 2-1: LilyPond is part of GNU

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 2-1: LilyPond is part of GNU
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 16:22:41 +0200

> Here's the first "main" policy point in GOP 2.  For those
> unfamiliar with GOP, here's a quick summary:

    make a diff between releases        11.2    let’s not bother; interested
    parties can make a diff themselves from git.

Really?  git can produce diffs between developer trees, not between
release tarballs.  Rolling several source releases and diffing them
seems like considerable work to me.  While I lean towards "don't bother"
as well, the reasoning seems shaky at best.