Re: automated computing tasks for lilypond

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: automated computing tasks for lilypond
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:23:20 +0200

Il giorno mer, 29/08/2012 alle 14.09 +0100, James ha scritto:
> Just an off-the-cuff suggestion. If we had a 'patch-new-doc' and a
> 'patch-new' label would that be useful and tell patchy if it sees the
> former to build doc as well?

This is a possible option.  Another that I prefer is letting Patchy
select the targets to build according to which files the patch touches
(the documentation would need to be built quite often then, as for
example every change in a .scm or .cc file would trigger a recompilation
of the docs, OTOH "make test" would not run for changes in
documentation-only files, IIRC like the ones in Documentation/).
Ideally changes in makefiles would even trigger a test of other targets
(dist, install install-doc, ...).

John