Re: how to make decisions?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: how to make decisions?
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 10:36:52 +0200

David Kastrup writes:

>> Also, it is saddening to read a senior consultant with a PhD
>> suggest the use of a proprietary software package.
>
> It is the job of a consultant to recommend a reliable way of turning
> money into success.  Would you buy a car without gas tank opening?  "Oh,
> this car does not need refilling."

You imagine that he receives some kind of revenue from suggesting the
use of proprietary software and that for this particular blog, it was
more lucrative to suggest Sibelius; otherwise he would just as
convincingly steered people to Finale?

Man, am I naive.  I do see now what you find depressing about this.  How
can we ever hope to get people to suggest LilyPond; by merit only?!

Jan but-it's-just-an-innocent-blog-post Nieuwenhuizen

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl