Re: change defaults for dot spacing in repeat sign to accommodate tab st

From: dak
Subject: Re: change defaults for dot spacing in repeat sign to accommodate tab staves (issue 6488097)
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 08:38:33 +0000

Anybody else annoyed just how hard it is to get simple things like that
right, when they probably weren't thought through before anyhow?

In any case, is there a "natural" already existing override for
hand-tweaking dot distance?  With vertical time signature position, the
user would always have the obvious option of using Y-offset himself, and
that makes it easier to favor the simpler rule and put the
responsibility for corner cases into the hands of the user.

I presume that we don't have anything "obvious" like that for dot
positions?  I am not suggesting we actually invent such a thing without
being quite sure that it is actually needed, just curious whether such a
fallback would be already in the toolbox.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6488097/