Re: [GLISS] why the hell all this fuss (was: modern-straight-flag)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: [GLISS] why the hell all this fuss (was: modern-straight-flag)
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 11:10:57 +0200

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have in the past talked with people from Henle; also, Schirmer has a
> style guide that you can order as a book.
>
> My overall impression is that they are primarily interested in:
>
> * Strict adherence to their publisher style

Does that include positions of beams and shapes of slurs?  That would
be difficult, but if they just want their font, thicknesses, marking
styles etc it should be totally doable.
For example, i think it would be quite possible to make a LilyPond
stylesheet for Barbershop music, according to these standards (sorry
for long link):
http://www.google.pl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.barbershop.org%2Fdocument-center%2Fcategory%2F18-arrangement-notation-forms.html%3Fdownload%3D85%253Anotating-barbershop-arrangements&ei=x1tMUNyQEs6OswbPw4HIAg&usg=AFQjCNGRknvCMZl3cim_6N01VdNkmXQrbA&sig2=d0QH9PWYQeE4ls_gTimL7Q

> * Delivering printed parts on a low budget.

That's something we could do.

cheers,
janek