Re: stepping down as project manager

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: stepping down as project manager
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 00:19:19 +0200

On 2012-10-13 23:44, David Kastrup wrote:
\once creates a one-time-step temporary change, \temporary an
unterminated temporary change which can be terminated element-wise with
\revert

+1
That's a consistent naming scheme, and \temporary is a perfect match with \once, so I'm all for that name. \once changes the value for one step, \temporary until it is explicitly \revert'ed (und unfortunately \override alone permanantly overwrites rather than overrides).

or, again using a converter, en bloc from the original overrides
with \undo.

Temporary changes are important enough that we have had \once for a long
time already.

Fully agree, \temporary was really missing.

Cheers,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, address@hidden, http://www.kainhofer.com
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886