Re: rewrite Self_alignment_interface (issue 7768043)

From: janek . lilypond
Subject: Re: rewrite Self_alignment_interface (issue 7768043)
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 21:51:18 +0000

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
X-extent is used in many things other than self alignment positioning,
so u don't want to change extents. Every positioning in LilyPond has
some notion of padding save this interface. It would be a good
addition,
but could easily be in a follow-up patch.

Ok, i agree that some padding would be desirable.  What worries me is
the multitude of paddings we have - they give me a headache; i quite
frankly am lost in their different meanings.  As of now i'm unsure how
to implement such padding without making things more complicated, so i
suggest to wait until other design questions are answered.

As for chain_offset_callback, i've tried it (see attached patch),
but i get a strange error:

Processing `input/regression/add-stem-support.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...ERROR:
In procedure ly:self-alignment-interface::x-align-grob:
ERROR: Wrong number of arguments to
#<primitive-procedure ly:self-alignment-interface::x-align-grob>

quite frankly, i don't know what's wrong.
I've looked at other uses of chain_offset_callback
and it seems that i've written my code correctly.

I'll look into it when I get home.

did you have any sucess with this stuff?

thanks,
janek

https://codereview.appspot.com/7768043/