Re: suggestion: change OctavateEight name to ClefTransposition - opinion

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: suggestion: change OctavateEight name to ClefTransposition - opinions?
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 21:59:20 +0200

2013/4/8 pls <address@hidden>:
> On 08.04.2013, at 10:58, pls <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On 08.04.2013, at 09:56, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Actually, it's not just the clef where I am without a clue how to play
>>> this, or on what instrument…
>> Is this piece supposed to be played on a baritone guitar (tuned a perfect
>> fifth lower than standard guitar tuning)?

No.
It's written for the standard six-string classical guitar.
You can watch it on youtube. I like best:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weXc1-J0ix0

> In this case 12 would be more appropriate than 5?!

Well, yes.
Though, pieces for guitar are often printed without "8" under the
clef. Therefore the "5" indicates more the scordatura to the common
tuning.

-Harm