Re: Issue 3307: Rest positions incorrect with non-standard line count (i

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Issue 3307: Rest positions incorrect with non-standard line count (issue 8580045)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 05:47:21 +0000

You changed more than necessary to fix the reported bug.  This is good
because finally voiced r1-style whole rests are in the correct positions
(which I confirmed with Ted Ross' book just to be careful).

Quarter-rests and shorter look a bit odd now, on the even-line-count
staves, as they are not in their usual position on a line. I'm not sure
if this is objectively 'wrong'.

The reported bug does /not/ show as fixed in the make-check output for
'tablature-full-notation.ly'  which confuses me. From the code, I would
have expected it to come out right.

https://codereview.appspot.com/8580045/diff/5001/input/regression/rest-on-nonstandard-staff.ly
File input/regression/rest-on-nonstandard-staff.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/8580045/diff/5001/input/regression/rest-on-nonstandard-staff.ly#newcode39
input/regression/rest-on-nonstandard-staff.ly:39: \new StaffGroup \with
{ \override StaffGrouper.staff-staff-spacing.padding = 3 }
The short-term effect is to make the image-comparision less useful in
seeing the effect of the patch.... but this long regtest is not very
useful anyway.

https://codereview.appspot.com/8580045/diff/5001/lily/rest.cc
File lily/rest.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/8580045/diff/5001/lily/rest.cc#newcode46
lily/rest.cc:46: Rest::y_offset_internal (Grob *me, int duration_log,
int dir)
Naming: something like  staff_position_internal()  to help us remember
that this returns a quantity in units of staff-positions, because
Y-offset is always in units of (global) staff-spaces.

https://codereview.appspot.com/8580045/diff/5001/lily/rest.cc#newcode78
lily/rest.cc:78: if (duration_log > 1)
Shorter rests look ... unfamiliar if they are not aligned, but I'm not
sure which is correct.

https://codereview.appspot.com/8580045/