Re: Issue 3307: Rest positions incorrect with non-standard line count (i

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Issue 3307: Rest positions incorrect with non-standard line count (issue 8580045)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 08:06:53 +0000

On 2013/04/10 07:29:26, dak wrote:

Again, I don't know what the standards would be.  The non-centered
rests look
bad particularly in tablature, but are also weird in two-line drum
staffs.

Neither am I.  I was flying this by "least ugly" according to my
subjective impression.

For ancient music (four-line staff), rests of small size would be
unusual.  For full tablature and drums, we'll need input from players
or (preferably) theory books and hand-engraved scores.

Elaine Gould is silent on this point.  She deals exclusively
with standard 5-line staves.

Trevor

https://codereview.appspot.com/8580045/