Re: Gives DynamicTextSpanner a default skyline-horizontal-padding (issue

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Gives DynamicTextSpanner a default skyline-horizontal-padding (issue 8799045)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:52:51 +0300

On 18 avr. 2013, at 10:51, address@hidden wrote:

> I suggest that you set the defaults consistently for all text grobs, so
> that I don't have to file bug reports one-at-a-time for every possible
> case:
>
> \paper { indent = 0\mm
> line-width = 42.2\mm
> ragged-right = ##f }
> \score { << \new Staff { b1_\markup\huge"innocent" }
>    \new Staff << { e''4 e''' r2 } \\ e'1 >> >> }

They're different beasts - we need to figure out what is the best value for
each one given its habitual size and content. Bigger grobs should get bigger
default values. I'd like to raise separate issues for different families. For
example, text spanner and dynamic next spanner make sense together in the same
patch with the same default vale, but not text script and metronome mark.

Cheers,
MS