Re: Point and Click does not work on Windows

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Point and Click does not work on Windows
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 06:24:46 -0700 (PDT)

ArnoldTheresius wrote

> Eluze wrote
>> if this is possible we could abandon the entry LYEDITOR?! (at least for
>> windows)
> Well,
> I would keep the environment variable(s) as a last, top priotiry choice to
> select which editor one is using.

why not - I just mean don't use it if you don't have to!

/
> (define (get-editor)
>   (or (getenv "LYEDITOR")
>       (getenv "XEDITOR")
>       (getenv "EDITOR")
>
>       ;; FIXME: how are default/preferred editors specified on
>       ;; different platforms?
>       (case PLATFORM
>       ((windows) "lilypad")
/

*
> ;;; my TODO suggestion: implement querying of windows registry to select
> the users choice
*

/
/

/
/

/
/
>  call and redirect the output into a temporary file, then parse the file.
> Possibly we do this on several pathes in the windows registry until we get
> an string. Then we need to scan for specific keywords in this string to
> select one on the known editors.

the reg query … returns only one value in the form of

   Applications\ConTEXT.exe

where you can strip the first part by

FOR /f "tokens=3*" %%a IN (
  'REG QUERY
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.ly\userchoice'
) DO IF NOT [%%a]==[] FOR /f "tokens=2* delims=\" %%a IN ("%%a") DO (SET
editor=%%a)

then it is a temporary environment variable which you can get via (getenv
"EDITOR")

Eluze