Re: Be serious about setstrokeadjust in PostScript primitives (issue 866

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Be serious about setstrokeadjust in PostScript primitives (issue 8663044)
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 14:22:06 -0700

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 13:40:00 -0700, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:

As i see it, we cannot get anything better than a compromise for 2.18.
 From what i see, the compromise that David suggests seems to be a
reasonable one, even if the code is - in a way - unreliable.

Feel free, Janek, to try what you originally suggested as a compromise :
drawing stems as single lines, presumably at the user's option.

You can replace the function at scm/output-ps.scm:205 with one that draws a
single-line whenever stem would be less than twice the line-width.

(define (round-filled-box left right bottom top blotdiam)
  (let* ((halfblot (/ blotdiam 2))
         (y (- halfblot bottom))
         (height (- top (+ halfblot y)))
         (linewidth (if (> (* 2 blotdiam) (+ left right))
                      (+ left right) blotdiam))
         (halfwidth (/ linewidth 2))
         (x (- halfwidth left))
         (width (- right (+ halfwidth x))))
    (ly:format  "~4l draw_round_box"
                (list width height x y linewidth))))

I do not know if this helps, because I do not have the buggy previewer cannot
see the problem.