Re: wrt 'Make doc crashing on my PC'

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: wrt 'Make doc crashing on my PC'
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 00:23:16 -0700

On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 23:58:25 -0700, James <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]
Then I got this:

address@hidden ~/Desktop$ lilypond -dpreview -dresolution=150 -o hello
orchestra.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.17.19

programming error: Parsed object should be dead: #<Context_mod ((push
VerticalAxisGroup #t remove-empty) (description Remove staves which are
considered to be empty according
to the list of interfaces set by @code{keepAliveInterfaces}.))>
continuing, cross fingers

Success: compilation successfully completed

So whatever is going on is obviously not consistent :)

Is it significant that I seem to get the additional programming error when
I change the directory of where I -o the output?

This "should be dead" error comes up randomly but rarely, and only on builds
with debugging enabled.
Looking through your results, it seems that it could be two independent issues: the inconsistent
"should be dead" error, the reliable "cyclic dependency" messages ... but none
of the crashes that Phil and Petr see.

But, don't you have one of the systems that had trouble with the orchestra.ly
file during a `make doc`?   Or was your system giving an unexplained error on
`make doc` only while testing issue 3255?