Re: improving our workflow with better tools - let's test things.

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: improving our workflow with better tools - let's test things.
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 00:18:05 +0200

On 19/10/13 10:16, James wrote:
The point is that when I am managing 15 patch reviews I don't (won't) read the
email thread [1] I look at tracker, see what has been said, I click on Rietveld
see what has been said; it's all there in front of me, no extra windows to click
or open, one single application (web browser) to use, it's two tabs on my
browser. Quick, easy, simple. Anyone who can read English can do it.

Would the kind of thing you see here be acceptable to you?

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/1332
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/1533

Note that the GitHub comment threads can also include extracts from the patch(es) under consideration, with comments directly under relevant lines of code.

As per previous discussion, GitHub itself shouldn't be used for Lilypond, but I'm reasonably confident we can get similar functionality out of other tools.