Re: fixing German's Wikipedia entry of LilyPond

From: Joram Berger
Subject: Re: fixing German's Wikipedia entry of LilyPond
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 10:33:31 +0100

Hi,

this is another thing, but how about adding a nice standard notation
example to the wikipedia entry?
(like http://lilypond.org/ly-examples/bach-bwv610.png)

This Stockhausen is very impressive if you want to know that you can
tweak most everything to your needs. And it is now really close to the
original.
But to me the more convincing selling point is the good default layout
for traditional notation. And I would be a bit scared by this example
when searching for a notation program (as it is the only one in the
article).

My thoughts when I look at the Finale example:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/49/Prelude_3_2_Rach.png/500px-Prelude_3_2_Rach.png
“Ok. Not perfect but good looking.”

Lilypond:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/4/4d/Klavierst%C3%BCcke_%28Stockhausen%29_Nr2-Klavierst%C3%BCck2-Anfang.svg
“Ooh, crazy. But probably not made for my scores.”

Best,
Joram