Re: fixing German's Wikipedia entry of LilyPond

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: fixing German's Wikipedia entry of LilyPond
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 11:57:05 +0100

Am 13.01.2014 11:55, schrieb David Kastrup:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

Am 13.01.2014 10:58, schrieb David Kastrup:
Shouldn't we rather put this up on our own example page, to complement
the set there?  I think that it would make an excellent addition.

I would second this.
One question which seems to be more of an issue when we're talking
about lilypond.org.

Are we positive that we can post this example as "fair use" (like
indicated on the wikipedia page?

Ah rats, forgot about that.  Not entirely sure.  But if the copyright
expiration is a hard deal, then we are not going to show _any_ "modern"
examples from most of the 20th century.  Perhaps I need to ask the FSF
copyright clerk for an opinion.

That would be good.
It would be really nice to see that on lilypond.org.

The original uploader for the wikipedia image assumed it is fair use, and apparently nobody objected against it _so far_.
But I wouldn't rely on the copyright owners' generousity in that case.

Urs