Re: Issue 2245: always align dynamics and lyrics on "main" notehead (iss

From: janek . lilypond
Subject: Re: Issue 2245: always align dynamics and lyrics on "main" notehead (issue 108270044 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 23:40:25 +0000

Hi folks,

please review.

@Han-Wen: in Script_engraver, you wrote (commit 286fcad779) that
aligning stuff like Scripts on NoteColumns is "not correct" (lines
256-261).  However, to me it seems that using NoteColumns as X-parents
for Lyrics, Dynamics etc. is exactly the way to solve issue 2245
(https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2245), and that's
what this patch does.  It deals with suspended noteheads using a flag
that tells self-alignment-interface to ignore their extents.

As far as I can see this is a sound solution (especially that if anyone
wanted to include suspended notes in alignment for whatever reason,
doing so is trivial).  Do you agree?

best,
Janek

https://codereview.appspot.com/108270044/