Re: Paper on music engraving, LilyPond and LaTeX at GuIT meeting 2014

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Paper on music engraving, LilyPond and LaTeX at GuIT meeting 2014
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 15:01:25 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

It's a bit pointless to make a ponding about a paper not generally
available.  However, pointing to the upcoming conference (and the talk)
might make sense.  And pointing to the issue of the respective magazine
will make sense in a year when it is freely available.

In the mean time it might make sense asking whether the material of the
paper might be made available separately.  With publications like
TUGboat and its GUST cousin in Poland I had no problems putting out
articles separately (I tended not to use the magazine document class
either but rather what fit the article) since they don't tend to make
exclusive publishing "deals" and are generally and understandably
sympathetic to free software and media.

Of course, GuIT might not be the only one with which you have an
agreement.

All the best