Re: Google Code shutting down

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Google Code shutting down
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 17:16:19 +0100

Federico Bruni wrote Monday, May 04, 2015 2:53 PM

> Interesting!
> https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/wiki/Features/
>
> I think that the main alternatives are Launchpad (Affero GPL) and Apache
> Allura (Apache License).
> Launchpad provides also the hosting, while Allura should be deployed on
> Savannah.
> Both are free software so we can move where we wish and avoid any 3rd party
> trap.

Allura is the engine used by SourceForge.  There's quite a lot of information
there, including the APIs.  Here's the tracker API.

http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Allura%20API/#tracker

It seems it accepts attachments, but I don't know if there is a means of
displaying these in the tracker.

The trackers are also configurable:

http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Tickets/

And we are eligible to use sourceforce, I believe, so this looks worthy of a
closer look.  For example, it's not clear how we would transfer out existing
issue DB, but a custom script using the API should be able to do that.

Ah, wait .. sourceforce have an importer from GoogleCode.  I had to register to
see it, but that's easy.  After that, it's here

https://sourceforge.net/p/import_project/google-code/

It says it will import Wiki pages, source code (SVN, Git or Hg), Downloads, and
Issues.

Before I try it, are there any objections or gotchas?

Trevor