Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 12:43:45 +0200

Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

> Il giorno dom 19 lug 2015 alle 11:44, David Kastrup <address@hidden> ha
> scritto:
>> If I understand correctly, one point of CSS should be graceful
>> degradation: if your browser does not support something, the content
>> will just get displayed like without the CSS.
>>

> The graceful degradation would require some external javascript
> library like jquery...

Seriously?  That would be another unexpected dollar in my "can standard
committee engineers really be that stupid" account.  I really hope you
are wrong about that, but as I said: if I had a dollar every time I
overestimated the common sense of standard creators...

> I don't have old browsers to test how it would look like..
> This is an example:
> http://codepen.io/antoniskamamis/pen/hjBrE

If JavaScript is required to get predictable behavior on unknown CSS
constructs, that does not sound like a good idea.