Re: Getting oriented

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Getting oriented
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 19:20:45 +0000

On 3/30/16 1:16 PM, "Redwood (Daniel)" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Thanks, Carl. Yes, I¹ve read about this. Part of what I¹m trying to do is
>avoid going down useless alleys. We¹ll see if this helps.
>
>I also suspect Han-Wen¹s advice (ly_display_scm()) will help as wellŠ

Yes, the gdbinit file is just a wrapper on ly_display_scm().

I sometimes have enough problems getting gdb to work well (but I think
this was when I was developing in OS X instead of in LilyDev) that I
resorted to putting printf in the source code instead of using the
debugger.  But that was after I had localized a place I wanted to work.

HTH,

Carl