Re: Code examples in docs

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Code examples in docs
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 07:43:07 +0200

Am 06.04.2016 um 09:37 schrieb Urs Liska:
> Hi Carl,
>
> Am 06.04.2016 um 02:09 schrieb Carl Sorensen:
>> On 4/5/16 5:09 PM, "address@hidden on
>> behalf of Urs Liska" <address@hidden on
>> behalf of address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> can someone tell me where I should look for code that generates code
>>> examples in the HTML docs?
>> I assume you mean the texi/latex code that takes the snippet and puts it
>> into the document as a code fragment?
>>
>> I think it may be in python/book_html.py, but I'm not 100% sure.
> Thanks, that looks indeed promising. I'll look into it to see if I can
> get syntax highlighting for the code examples to work from there.
>
> Best
> Urs

Hm, I'm puzzled.

I must say that this file and particularly
BookHTMLOutputFormat.snippet_output() looks like it's exactly the code
I'm looking for. What I need is the code that wraps the source code of
any LilyPond snippet in the docs in

However, modifying this didn't seem to have any effect, so I even went
brute force up to emptying the complete file. Still make doc works
without issues and changes. So obviously the code wasn't executed at all.

I found two files: python/book_html.py and python/out/book_html.py but
*both* don't seem to be of any help.

Any pointers where I can look further?

Urs