Re: Options for using LilyPond in an Android app

From: Nathan Ho
Subject: Re: Options for using LilyPond in an Android app
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 13:01:16 -0700

On 2016-07-30 05:33, Barton Stanley wrote:
Hello,
I've been asked by a friend to create a mobile app that displays sheet
music in an alternative notation.  While it would be a blast to figure
out how to do the engraving from scratch myself, I'd like to show
progress quickly so I am looking at what my options are.  LilyPond
appears to be the most comprehensive system but it does not appear to
be available for iOS or Android.
What are my options for using LilyPond in an Android app?
BTW, I am a highly skilled developer with over 30 years of experience.
 If using LilyPond in Android will require some highly technical work,
I am fully capable to take on the challenge.
Barton

If bad or absent Internet connectivity is not a concern, I suggest you go with some kind of SaaS approach.

Nathan