Re: Options for using LilyPond in an Android app

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Options for using LilyPond in an Android app
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 15:02:55 +0200

Wols Lists <address@hidden> writes:

> On 31/07/16 12:46, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Wols Lists <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Bearing in mind I live on the edge of London (the largest city in the
>>> world?)
>>
>> Well, if "the world" is just the Commonwealth and we skip over India,
>> Pakistan, and Nigeria (after all, an urban administration not able to
>> recognize the Queen as head of state is suitable for a hamlet rather
>> than a city, even if some of them play a mean Cricket).
>>
>> <URL:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_largest_cities#List>.
>>
> Well, I believe that according to certain criteria, Kansas is the
> largest city in the world ... :-)

I would have imagined that any criteria for "largest city in the world"
would include "has to be a city".  Without that restriction, I would
imagine Asia to be a bigger city than Kansas.

> But it looks like my general knowledge may be a little out of date - I
> don't think the population of London has changed (much) over my
> lifetime, but I suspect my figures date from when the population of
> India was closer to 400K than its current figure ... :-)

India.  400K.  That would likely have been a few millennia before
Christ, in the early stages of the Indus civilization.

I hope you are exaggerating your age.