Re: Issue 4936: look up "mf" for default initial volume (issue 308890043

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Issue 4936: look up "mf" for default initial volume (issue 308890043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 16:30:17 -0700

On 2016/08/04 21:23:12, ht wrote:
LGTM except for a small question (still) about the process_music
logic.

Also, I noticed the following definition in scm/midi.scm:

;; 90 == 90/127 == 0.71 is supposed to be the default value
;; urg: we should set this at start of track
(define-public dynamic-default-volume 0.71)

I wonder whether this (possibly obsolete, "git grep" doesn't show it
being
currently referenced from anywhere, certainly not from
Dynamic_performer)
definition could (or should) be removed as part of this change?

I just said I would be happy to delete this, but now I'm wondering, even
if it doesn't break Lilypond per se, is removing this going to break
user code?  If it's "public" that means people might be using it, right?

https://codereview.appspot.com/308890043/