Re: linux-ppc harfbuzz GUB build error

From: Masamichi Hosoda
Subject: Re: linux-ppc harfbuzz GUB build error
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 23:41:16 +0900 (JST)

> Meanwhile took a look on the rest of the logfile and spotted a bunch of
> “checking <….>… no”… any of those a concern in your experience?
>
> checking for powerpc-linux-dlltool... no
> checking for dlltool... no
> checking for sysroot... no
> checking for powerpc-linux-mt... no
> checking for mt... no
> checking if : is a manifest tool... no
> checking if powerpc-linux-gcc  supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
> checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
> checking whether to build static libraries... no
> checking for gtk-doc... no
> checking for gtkdoc-check... no
> checking for gtkdoc-check... no
> checking for gtkdoc-rebase... no
> checking for gtkdoc-mkpdf... no
> checking whether to build gtk-doc documentation... no
> checking for native Win32... no
> checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
> checking whether pthreads work without any flags... no
> checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... no
> checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... no
> checking for the pthreads library -llthread... no
> checking if more special flags are required for pthreads... no
> checking for PTHREAD_PRIO_INHERIT... no
> checking for FONTCONFIG... no
> checking for ICU... no
> checking for powerpc-linux-icu-config... no

I've noticed the difference between your log and my log.

Your first log file:

checking for FONTCONFIG... no
checking for ICU... no
checking for powerpc-linux-icu-config... no
checking for icu-config... icu-config
configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet
checking for ICU by using icu-config fallback... yes
checking for FREETYPE... yes
[...snip...]
Unicode callbacks (you want at least one):
        Glib:                   true
        ICU:                    true
        UCDN:                   true

My log file:

checking for FONTCONFIG... no
checking for ICU... no
checking for powerpc-linux-icu-config... no
checking for icu-config... no
checking for ICU by using icu-config fallback... no
checking for FREETYPE... yes
Unicode callbacks (you want at least one):
        Glib:                   true
        ICU:                    false
        UCDN:                   true

Maybe the issue is to use ICU of CentOS system.

I've created a patch.
https://github.com/trueroad/gub/commit/081cc91f698186795dca45e8d6db8af6616826d4

If this patch solves the issue, I will send the pull request.