Re: Staging Broken with last makelsr - incorrect TexInfo command format

From: James
Subject: Re: Staging Broken with last makelsr - incorrect TexInfo command format
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 15:00:07 +0000

David

On 11/01/17 14:31, David Nalesnik wrote:
On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 8:26 AM, David Nalesnik
<address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 5:19 AM, James <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

The snippet 'using-marklines-in-a-frenched-score.ly' in the recent makelsr
commit

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=5fd7d7d19803c8b1cfac6324381c86dcc057a433

contains a malformed TexInfo command

@{Markdown}

Which breaks make doc and so cannot be merged into master.

See my last email about testing patches with new snippets.

Unless you are going to make doc, I suggest that you don't push makelsr
updates as makelesr doesn't check for incorrect TexInfo formats, and while
'make' often catches a lot of these TexInfo issues, it wouldn't in this case
because this snippet isn't 'checked' until the makedoc stage.

My testing would have captured this.

I'll wait until this is resolved before I bother with my Patch countdown
email. Else we'll just make staging even more problematic if devs who can
push their patches don't see these emails.

Sorry about this.  I assumed that the snippet was good to go from
finding its way into the code base, and that makelsr would have caught
anything in any case.

The problem is pretty easy to fix on my end, but I'm extremely wary of
messing (further) with origin/staging as all I've done to this point
are simple pushes.  A revert would be bad for the project history, so
what would you propose that I do in this case?
Is this a case where pushing an amended commit would be super obnoxious?

Well if you did do that, then we would have a commit in master that you cannot technically build from, so I think you should remove/revert the commit and then repush it (or whatever the git terminology is). However I am not a dev so cannot give your more of an idea than that.

Regards

James